Ever thought of running or cycling from Pensacola to Key West? Well, whether you have or haven't, we're here to tell you that you now can and it's only 1,121 miles! That's if you take the scenic route because if you're going to run 800ish miles, what's a few hundred more to hit all the stops! Whether it's Panama City for the famous beaches, St. Augustine for the history, Orlando to check in on the mouse, Tampa to see the Lightning win a Stanley Cup, Miami for it's vibrant culture, or Key West to end it all on those gorgeous beaches, this trip leaves no stone unturned!
Or maybe you want to try something a little less crazy, try the Mini Sunshine State Challenge. A 330 mile journey starting on the beautiful beaches of St. Petersburg before making your way through Orlando to hit some theme parks and then heading south to end it all on Miami Beach as the Atlantic crashes against the sand.
So we're giving you one year starting to run or bike across Florida once you start the Sunshine State Challenge! Thankfully the weather's always nice in Florida (well, Orlando can be a bit muggy in the summer)
- Register for the event and get the distance done over the course of a year. "Simply" run/walk or bike 1,121 miles over the course of a year and log your miles as you go in the super easy tracking device and voila, you're done!
- Once you finish we will ship you the official Sunshine State Challenge Performance Tech Tee and made in the USA finisher's medal!
- Please see the instructions within the FAQ on how to track your progress. As you upload your mileage every day you'll see your little dot move through the state. Some days it will feel like it's not going far but as the days turn to weeks and weeks turn to months you'll make your way around the Sunshine State!
Be sure to use #SunshineStateChallenege during your run/walk or bike! We will repost in our Instagram story!
- Official entry to the Sunshine State Challenge!
- Performance Finisher's Tech Tee
- Made in America 4" Finisher Medal (made with American steel!)
- Shipping of all items
- Tracking feature for all your miles
- Our respect
- Probably the respect of your friends and family too! (Item not guaranteed)
Train and Stay Connected With Us
After signing up, be sure to download the free Strava training app. We have an awesome club with incredibly devoted members of all skill sets. You can expect tons of member encouragement to help you in your build up! Track all of your runs and walks this summer and fall and motivate others to stay active in their training! It's also the perfect app to record your actual Virtual Run so you can submit your time after!
Earn Your Registration Back and Some Sweet Gear!
While running, walking, or cycling 1,121 miles alone is an amazing, rewarding experience in and of itself, it's even better when you have friends join you for all those miles! Once you sign up, you will automatically become part of the Sunshine Family. Refer friends and family to join you to earn rewards throughout the summer. Here's how it works:
1) Sign up for the Sunshine State Challenge. Once you complete your registration, you'll receive a unique URL link to share.
2) Share this unique link with friends and family as often as you'd like.
3) Each time someone signs up through your link, you'll accrue one referral. Earn five referrals and get $25 credited back to you. Easy right?!?!
Don't stop there. There are more prizes to earn as you continue spreading the word. Here is the list of awesome gear you can earn for free!
5 Referrals: $25 of your registration fee credited back
10 Referrals: Advanced Running Project Bibboards
15 Referrals: Advanced Running Project Trucker Hat
Sign up, get your referral link, and let's grow the Sunshine Family!
Challenge Contact Info
If you have any questions about this challenge, click the button below.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.